“Success without giving back is failure.” LaMar Lisman.
At Lisman Studio we believe that good design changes lives. Which is why we’ve taken a hands-on approach to our 5 year long sponsorship of The Christmas Box International. Christmas Box International is a temporary crisis shelter program for children of all ages along the Wasatch Front, with the touchingly simple motto: every child deserves a childhood. The dedicated organization operates 365 days a year to positively impact the lives of Utah children unfortunately placed into the shelter system.
Motivated to take a personal approach beyond financial contributions alone, LaMar and the dedicated team at Lisman Studio have personally designed therapists offices, remodeled the mentoring program office to make it more welcoming for the teenagers, painted walls themselves and much, much more. Lisman Studio is grateful for the opportunity to contribute meaningfully towards our community and our youth.
For 2016, the following donations were made to the Christmas Box House:
- Donated rods and shelving with installation to organize the coats, hoodies, boots, hats and gloves room.
- Donated annual activity passes to take the kids to sledding hills, water parks, and amusement parks.
- Donated cabinets for the donation intake area.
- Donated gift cards to purchase craft supplies needed for the children and teen summer programs.
- Donated water toys and swimsuits for the summer months.
- Donated to the "Christmas in July" fundraising campaign.
- Donated shelving for the donation area.
- Painted the teen classrooms at the Christmas Box House.
- Donated Christmas gifts for Project Elf.
- Donated book display cases so children can select what they would like to read.
- Design services and materials donated for renovation of another therapist office, creating a more welcoming place for young children.
For 2014, the following donations were made to the Christmas Box House:
- Donated Gift Cards to purchase clothing for children.
- Donated Gift Cards for fields trips to The Leonardo, Clarke Planetarium, and lunch at Applebee's.
- Donated Gift Cards to purchase games and movies for children.
- Purchased new books for children.
- Donation of season passes to Tracy Aviary, Thanksgiving Point, and Living Planet Aquarium for children.
- Donation to Christmas in July fundraiser.
- Design services and materials donated for renovation of Therapist's office to create a comfortable space for meetings with children.
- Design services and materials donated for renovation of Milestone Homes and Apartments- This included paint, carpet, construction work, furniture, draperies, lighting, and accessories.